The Oklahoma Municipal League provides library and reference services to its members. OML does not give legal advice or act as a legal advisor. Please discuss all legal matters with and follow the advice of your city or town attorney.
Click here to send an inquiry to OML.
The Inquiry Service provides direct technical assistance and research services to municipal officials on a variety of issues. Assistance may range from a simple telephone consultation to more extensive research involving considerable time and effort.
We answer telephone inquiries from all municipal officials and employees who are calling about matters within their official responsibilities. We will provide information over the phone, and mail or fax any sample ordinances, articles, or any other relevant written information from our files. Do to the number of calls we receive, it is not possible for us to provide written answers to questions we receive over the telephone. Because we represent the League and its member municipalities, we do not give information on specific municipal law questions to private citizens.
* Furnish OML with new ordinances, resolutions, reports, or other data that will be of interest and use to others. Send our library your municipal code book updates.
* Anticipate your needs and call as early as possible. We know that there will be questions that need an answer for an immediate meeting. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
* Be aware that we are working as fast as we can. The sheer volume of calls sometimes overwhelms OML staff. This is particularly true when several staff members are out of the office.
* In order to respond with the greatest possible efficiency to all callers, we ask you to define your question as clearly as possible before you call. This way, a single phone call will be sufficient for us to determine how we can help you.
* Be willing to speak to our voice mail if we are in the midst of other research, on the phone, or necessarily away from the office. Be as explicit as possible by telling us how soon you need the information and when and where you can be reached. That will help us focus on our call back to you.