Organizations and governmental entities partnering with the League to build better communities
The Oklahoma Municipal League, Inc., is a nonprofit , nonpartisan association of Oklahoma cities and towns .Organized in 1913, its purpose is to promote the general welfare of cities and towns and their citizens and to foster or conduct, alone or in cooperation with others, assistance that will provide for the improvement and increased efficiency of city and town government.
The League provides a variety of services to its member municipalities and their officials. These services include:
maintaining a reference library;
sponsoring conferences, meetings and training programs;
offering a variety of personnel and labor relations services;
promoting state and federal legislation helpful to local governments;
answering inquiries and producing numerous publications.
The Oklahoma Municipal League, Inc., with a membership of over 400 cities and towns, represents more than 97 percent of Oklahoma’s urban population. The League’s offices are located at 201 N.E. 23rd Street in Oklahoma City, one block west of the State Capitol.
The League’s membership has created an Associate Member status for organizations and governmental entities wishing to avail themselves of League publications, meeting notices and opportunities to meet with municipal officials.
The Associate Membership Program was designed to encourage the exchange of ideas and information between officials from the League’s member municipalities and organizations and governmental entities that are interested in local government.
The cost of joining the Oklahoma Municipal League, Inc., as an Associate Member is $200 per year. An Associate Member organization can place additional names on the mailing list for an additional $25 per name.
Once established as an Associate Member, the organization is automatically billed for membership renewal annually.
For additional information, call 528-7515 locally, 1-800-324-6651 long distance or e-mail to email@example.com.
Associate Members receive the following benefits, services and privileges:
· One subscription to OML's monthly newsletter, Oklahoma Cities & Towns.
· One copy of the latest edition of the OML Directory of City & Town Officials in Oklahoma PLUS The Municipal Blue Pages.
· One copy of other OML publications distributed during the year to League member cities and towns.
· Notice of OML meetings and programs.
· Right to attend all OML conventions, regional meetings and educational activities at the member registration fee. Associates do not, however, have a voice or a role in any OML business meeting and cannot participate in determining OML business or policy matters.
· Access to OML library and inquiry service.
· 10 percent discount on advertising in the Oklahoma Cities & Towns, a publication distributed to over 3,500 municipal officials, sub-state planning districts, all members of the state legislature, key state officials and other state municipal leagues, as well as the Oklahoma and Washington offices of Oklahoma's Congressional delegation.
· Discounted booth space at the OML Annual Conference.
· 10 percent discount on listings and display advertising in the Municipal Blue Pages.
· Annual listing of Associate Members in Oklahoma Cities & Towns.
Call Okie-Oklahoma One-Call System
OK Corporation Commission
OK Municipal Power Auth
Rose State College